NFC - NICE FUTURE CAMPUS: Official launch of the student virtual card on NFC mobiles
A first in Europe: official launch of the virtual student card on contactless mobile phones
Until August 19th, Investincotedazur.com will repeat the broadcast of the most popular news of 2011. This article has first been released on February 1st, 2011.
In 2009, the "Nice Future Campus" project obtained the support of the Ministry of Industry as part of the IPER-SMSC call for tenders (Innovation in Business Processes using RFID Radio Frequency Identification - Contactless Mobile Services). The objective of this experimental project, a first in Europe, was to apply the standard of future NFC mobiles (Near Field Communication) to the University Campus of the Future and demonstrate added value for the students.
The range of mobile services included in the package were developed in 2010 and can be viewed via the following link http://220.127.116.11/NFCampusFront/html/NiceFutureCampus.mp4
They will be tested by around one hundred students on the UNS campus during a multi-disciplinary pilot project during 2011 starting in January after the first semester exams.
There will be a presentation about the mobile services of the first virtual student card on 18th February 2011 from 2pm to 6pm at the Valrose Science Faculty campus which will be attended by all the partners from the Nice Future Campus consortium:
- A context-based location information service: by touching an NFC tagged target on campus, the user can view the route to his next lecture, find a given place, the location of a book in the library, etc. Through an interactive shop window, this service also offers access to general information about the UNS, small ads, job and course offers…
- A location based social networking service: the student can ‘blog’ about a place or book and leave context-based messages on the social networking sites Facebook® or Twitter® through simple contact with an NFC tag.
- An augmented reality library service: by touching/scanning the target book, the student can glance through the recommendations of his course lecturers, notes on this book and comments left by other students, but also interact in return and give his opinion.
- The Woomji application by Extelia (in partnership with the UNS) dedicated to event management and ticketing/vouchers on NFC mobile.
- A mobile payment service for the university restaurant, for the vending machines and shops around campus through the integrated Moneo electronic wallet
At this event, it will be possible to test the range of NFC mobile services used in this pilot project in the Salle des Actes and on campus.