SophiaConf2012: focus on Open data
For the third year, Sophia Antipolis-based Open Source enthusiasts and professionals will gather for SophiaConf. The programme for the 2012 event.
This article was published on June, 14th.
Sophia Antipolis' Open Source event, building on its 800 participants last year, is holding its 2012 event from 2nd to 4th July. The Telecom Valley Open Source Commission is presenting a set of three free lectures with the aim of bringing together engineers, researchers, technicians, students and interested members of the public from Sophia Antipolis and other regions across France, over three days to discuss technical, methodological and societal Open Source issues. Experts and professionals will address administration and monitoring of Big data, Big search, NoSQL and particularly Open data in an Open Source environment.
The programme for this 2012 event:
- Open Source: Admin and monitoring, Monday 2nd July, 5.30pm to 8.30pm – Polytech’ Nice Sophia (Lucioles site): technical and methodological lecture on Open Source administration and monitoring tools for the datacenter and the cloud. Jean Gabès, author of Shinken (Nagios fork) will be one of the keynote speakers.
- Big data, NoSQL, Big search, Tuesday 3rd July, 5.30pm to 8.30pm – INRIA, Route des Lucioles: new uses result in an exponential increase in data. The conference will cover the new tools that are used to rise to this challenge.
- Open data: from words to actions, Wednesday 4th July – INRIA, Route des Lucioles
- 1st part “producers” of Open data, 2.00pm to 5.00pm: this lecture features a progress report on Open data in France, presentation of the programme of the PACA Regional Council and Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolitan Area, speech by the President of OpenStreetMap France, etc.
- 2nd part “transformers” of Open data, 5.30pm to 8.30pm: sharing of OpenStreetMap France experiences on collaborative mapping, projects set up from Open data, challenges and opportunities, business models will also be included on the programme at this conference.
Several representatives from local and regional authorities, members from the world of research and health and legal and ICT professionals will give their news and views about this subject and share their knowledge about the opportunities arising from it.
Full programme and compulsory free registration at www.sophiaconf.fr
En savoir plus : www.sophiaconf.fr